Monday, February 17, 2014

Fun With Blocks!!

Hi! When I saw this week's DT project for the Cutting Cafe I knew exactly when I wanted to create. (Don't forget to "like" my Facebook page to keep up to date with all of my crafting adventures!) I had been thinking about a project where I could use inspirational sayings and this Fun With Blocks file fit the bill perfectly!


 
I decided which four, 4 letter, words I wanted to use and cut them out with my machine. I also used the Fun With Blocks file to cut out frames for each side of the block with a circle window in it. Once I started putting the blocks together I decided that I preferred the look of the circles backing each letter.



I placed a belly band around the perimeter to hold the blocks together and attached a rectangle to the top so I would have a canvas to decorate. 

 

The Paper Flowers are also from the Cutting Cafe (more to come on those!) and then I filled in with some beads and embellishments I had on hand.




Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this week's project as much as I did creating it. :-)

~Christy

Entering this project in:
The Craft Place: http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/new-challenge-make-or-alter-box.html

9 comments:

  1. hum okay weird, my comment disappeared.....as i was saying lol........you really have out done yourself on this project...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower cluster on top, great job!! Chauntelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! Had to have a good eye ball over your flowers! LOVE those blocks! Such a pretty job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love your flowers. I'm flunking flower making 101. I better get it figured out before next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely and
    great use of
    all the sides.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a very beautiful creation! ...and very original too!
    Thank you so much for the nice comment you left about my card.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! I think your an amazing crafter!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete