Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bohemian Chic.....

Hi! I am in love with today's project!! It is amazingly luscious and I want to make another one!! :-) I have used the Graphic 45's Bohemian Bazaar paper and I just LOVE how it came out! I have mixed together a variety of embellishments and they look amazing together! As always, don't forget to like my Facebook page so you can keep up to date with my crafting adventures!



At the top of the project you will find a charm I made dangling from the hanger. It is a beautiful collection of Tim Holtz baubles, pearls and findings from my stash. I also added a chip board piece from the paper collection and dressed it up with a metal bird that I sprayed with my DIY glimmer mist. It is finished with some lovely red gem brads from Michael's. 


Sprinkled through out the project you'll find a great mix of embellishments. I have made a lot of them -- I'm still LOVING the Paper Flower SVG file from The Cutting Cafe. I have also made the sweetest pearl baubles that I have used through out the project. All of the metal elements have been sprayed with my glimmer mist and I have altered the 2 silk flowers to make them fuller and more lush.


I think that the 2 stick pins from Pinque Peacock add a really nice touch to the project. They give a nice connection between the two sides of the project. I treated the doily with glimmer mist and the flat back "pearls" you see are actually hot glue dots that I have colored with a pink pearl powder. Also tucked into the project are sweet ribbon flowers from my stash.


On the right side of the hanging you can see another chip board piece from the collection peeking out from under the flower collage. In this picture you have a great view of the sweet paper roses and lush pearl flowers I have been obsessed with. :-) 



This project came out fantastic and I'm just in love with it! 

Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget you can always find me on:

~Christy

I am entering this project into:

23 comments:

  1. Christy, This is absolutely splendid. So much to enjoy with all your trinkets and flowers. Your Hand made charms are so pretty and those paper flowers are great! Love the coordinating pounds you chose to use from Pinque Peacock as well. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the typos. .. glossy accents all over my fingers and on my phone.

      Delete
    2. :-) Thank you for your kind words! Your pins look amazing on this project -- I just love them!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Regina!! I am so obsessed with those flowers! :-)

      Delete
  3. I saw this on the Pinque Peacock arts and crafts page! So gorgeous…thanks for sharing all of your "secrets" to this design. Love your pins and all of those lovely florals. Swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Donna! I appreciate all of your kind words!!

      Delete
  4. Love your colorful project! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

      Delete
  5. That is so pretty! Love all the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love Bohemian Bazaar...one of the many of my favorite Graphic 45 collections and you did an amazing project using it. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a pretty project and clever use of the Bohemian Bazaar set. Love, love, love your flowers and all the bling. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your decorated piece! Bohemian Bazaar papers worked so well with this project and I loved all the different elements you incorporated. So much attention to detail! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creation is beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, just stunning. All your layers and flowers. WOW!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. stopping by from Crafthoarders. I love this wall hanging. I'm a boho chic myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anon. and sharing with us!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful hanging! I love all the pretty colors and the paper flowers you made are just fantastic! So much detail to look at! Thanks for joining us at CHACB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a fabulous art piece! I was pleasantly surprised to see Bohemian Bazaar looking so pastel and spring like! Well done! All the handmade touches are so impressive: stick pins, baubles, flowers...just a wonderful piece! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #3!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is beautiful. I love every element used. Thank you so much for joining Pinque Peacock for our fun "Banners" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This project is simply stunning! I love the bright colors and how you added all the flowers and do-dads. The details and dimension are marvelous! I love the baubles and pearls and what-nots! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a pretty project. So many details...a feast for the eyes! Thank so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.....I hope you come back and play again soon! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete