Saturday, May 3, 2014

Canvas on a budget

Hi my crafty peeps! 

I'm here today with a canvas that I made that was inspired by a sketch over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. Not only did they have a sketch for us we were challenged to use 1 old and 1 new item in our project. I used pearls by the yard for the old and washi tape that I have just received from Pinque Peacock for the new. :-)


The "canvas" is actually a frameless picture that I picked up from the dollar store. I gave it 3 coats of gesso to cover the print and went to town.


I lightly sprayed the background with pink and purple shimmer mist, layered flat laces and added a doily for the background.


I fussy cut the images from the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea collection collection and added a silk flower that I had altered.


I thought the washi tape fit right into the project -- I just LOVE how it looks!!

Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget you can always find me on:



~Christy

I am entering this project into the  Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. :-)






7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your artwork. It has so many dimensions - very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty piece! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly beautiful! I love the flower and all the fussy cutting. This G45 line is one of my favorites that I am currently hoarding. Thanks for joining us at CHACB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. I love the birds! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Christy, you are so talented! I love how you paired everything together...you have such a keen eye for gorgeous detail work on your projects!!! So nice to see the Washi Tape in action on your beautiful art! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete