Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Shabby Chic Stash Buster Canvas


Hi! I wanted to share with you a canvas that I have altered. I am in love with how it came out! 




I started the 6x8 canvas by covering the board with some wide lace from my stash and layered on some texture past in the corners.  Then I went to town using bits and pieces that I've had left over from different projects.


Isn't it amazing what a coat (or 2) of white paint will do?? Once it was base coated I went in with ivory and pink shimmer mist and highlighted everything. I did use a paint brush to apply for more control.




Once that was dry I lightly brushed some Sparkling H2Os (Chestnut) over the background. I think it really made the lace and texture paste stand out.


Finally, I couldn't finish the project until I used some of the amazing Pinque Peacock goodies that just arrived! I think the stick pin was taylor made for this canvas and the bottle caps are holding my DIY dew drops perfectly!



Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget you can always find me on:


~Christy

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Christy. .. This is fantastic! I love that you shared some steps along the way because I've been wanting to try my hands at something just like this. The pin does match perfectly! Love those altered bottle caps too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! What I love is how you seem to know *exactly* what I mean when I request custom pins!! XD

      Delete
    2. Awww... You are making me blush now. I'm happy you are happy!

      Delete
  2. really wonderful final product - the addition of the white paint and various mists really finish it off perfectly. brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tristan! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete